View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 04:10 AM   #8
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by _savage View Post
However, I do use "font-size:x-large;" (or some such) for <h2> tags, assuming that these are relative to the user-selected font size which should be "font-size:normal;".

Is that wrong? If so, how do I go properly about increasing and decreasing the sizes of fonts for headers etc relative to the user's font size?
It depends on the reader software, I guess. "normal", "x-large" and friends are supposed to be fixed sizes set by the reading software. I can imagine some software that sets "normal" to 12pt and "x-large" to 20pt... and let's you change the "normal" size, but has a different setting (or no setting at all) for the "x-large" size. That would break your usage. Or it could let you select the base size among the "normal", "x-large", etc. pre-defined sizes, but would leave your "x-large" text unchanged. That would break it too.

I think it's better so set "font-size: 150%;" (= "font-size: 1.5em;") or something like that (for <h2>), that should work unless the reader is broken already.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote