Thread: MobileRead February 2013 Book Club Vote
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 10:11 PM   #62
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb72 View Post
...GO ALICE GO!!!!
Ditto!

Here's some customer reviews of A Town Like Alice from Amazon:

“I just finished reading it again and it has got to be one of the best written books and most interesting story of all time.”

"My favourite book of all time"..."Jean Paget's story of survival and determination have always been an inspiration to me through my life, and her story and that of Joe's is one of the most uplifting and romantic I have ever read. Plus it is written in such a way that suited the period it represents. Brilliant!"

"The best novel I've read this year - Outstanding!"

"One of my top ten favorites"

"This is one of the few books that I read every couple of years, and it never fails to satisfy"

"Thankfully this book was recommended to me. I didn't want to put the book down, had to know what was on the next page, so I read it straight thru'. That's a GOOD book. A Town Like Alice is terrific!"

"This book has been a favorite of mine for years. I recently re-read the story and was impressed again with Nevil Shute's ability to gracefully tell the story in a way that keeps you turning page after page."

Your mileage may vary, but I didn't do much cherry-picking of the reviews; most all of them are good so I pretty much just went down the first ones and quoted something from each.
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote