View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 09:55 AM   #134
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360+, Huawei MP5, Libra H20
Perhaps a dose of rigamortis would help this thread

QUOTE=Sil_liS;2388074]Pat, I am not an Apple disciple, I

don't own anything made by Apple, and I don't like their business practice.

But look at what the articles are saying:
NYT:

CNET:

Did you notice how the numbers given by NYT are exactly a third of the numbers given by CNET, and they represent 1 month vs. a quarter (3 months)? The main difference is that according to CNET these numbers are estimates made by DisplaySearch, both the initial one and the current estimated range. Analysts analyze data and give estimates. It might even be illegal for them to get direct evidence on how many parts are being ordered because it might lead to insider trading acusations.

As for the 65 million, it is most likely the number of parts ordered for last quarter (since the previous analyst estimate was that Apple sold 61 million iPhone5s in Q4 2012, it seems reasonable).[/QUOTE]