View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 07:30 AM   #6
mzmm
Groupie
mzmm has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mzmm has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mzmm has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mzmm has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mzmm has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mzmm has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mzmm has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mzmm has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mzmm has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mzmm has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mzmm has not lost his or her sense of wonder.

Device: iPad, Kindle Touch, Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The solution is to remove all HTML5 code as it's not valid ePub code unless you are making ePub 3.
this is an excellent solution. i might've assumed incorrectly that OP's making an epub3 because it's fixed layout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by verydeepwater View Post
I couldn't understand what you meant by:

<a epub:type="noteref" ...>) it's still not going to pass W3C.
epub:type is an epub3 attribute. my point was only that W3C will invalidate if it encounters it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by verydeepwater View Post
I have tried changing the setting to HTML5 experimental in Dreamweaver as you suggested and I still get the error message: the elements article and section are undefined.
is there a 'HTML5 experimental' setting in DW? i meant to try with W3C's online validator and try the setting there. if it's telling you that <article> and <section> are undefined then it's not recognizing your document as HTML5.
mzmm is offline   Reply With Quote