View Single Post
Old 12-20-2012, 09:42 AM   #193
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeblebrox View Post
MoonLight works with the firmware I got from ArtaTech (1.7.5 20121026). I am not quite sure why I should downgrade to 20120930.

I am just looking forward for a toolbar with a tad larger icons.

Also, what is currently very inconvenient for me is that the list of font typefaces is truncated to number that fit single screen. There is no next screen button, a scrollbar or anything. BTW: an option to override CSS font definition in EPUB using CoolReader, FBReader or whatever would be highly appreciated.

Is there any specific reason why FBReader version installed in Onyx readers is very outdated comparing to Android version?

On my Android tablet I use FBReader, GoldenDict and ezPDF application and I miss some features on Onyx. However, my usage scheme of e-ink reader is to read from the cover to the cover. (Actually a dozen of titles at once: some I finish, some I plan to finish in the undefined future and some practically dropped.) On the other hand I tend to use tablet to read technical stuff, academic papers etc. when jumping from one page to another, the best available dictionaries and instant Internet access are all crucial. Thus, I don't really need all features of mentioned above apps on the Onyx device.

What I really looking for on Onyx HD:
1. Icons that can be selected with a finger in the first try.
2. E-ink friendly font (ideally supporting ligatures), consistently available for all my EPUB documents. CSS overriding.
3. Correct hyphenation in Polish, incl. line breaks that don't leave "i", "z", "w", "o", and "u" words in the end of the lines.

The third point may be a niche request. However, Polish text with the "i" and "z" in the end of lines looks terrible.

I will be really patiently waiting for a firmware version that would make my Firefly even better. (Yes, Google Drive access is what I currently notoriously use.)
Sorry, I did not understand your problem first. I thought you have installed wrong firmware to your device.
Now I see where the problem is. Your device is an ARTATECH device. They lock their devices for ARTATECH updates only.
This is why you won't be able to install our updates in the future.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote