View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 12:41 PM   #33
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by graycyn View Post
I saw one today in Best Buy finally, screen lighting was very uneven. Could see different colors on the screen, also did not like the shadows on the bottom. The uneven lighting makes it a no go for me, my eyes are fussy about that.

On the plus side, loved the feel of the screen, and the color temperature of the light is much better and whiter than the lighted Nook, which is quite blue. Contrast and crispness of text, very nice.

Would miss page turning buttons though, I read one-handed a lot and I don't like to tap to turn pages, causes pain after a while.

Will stick with my Sony readers, with the lighted covers, light is not a problem, nor one-handed reading. Further, dictionary access seemed quite slow on the Paperwhite. I was surprised by that!
Actually I thought the same as you, I want buttons! But now I am use to turning pages and don't miss trying to find the button.

Actually the dictionary is great! If you click on it twice it opens in big print. My older Kindles kept it in small print and you had to find the keyboard to use it. So I never used it. But I do like the dictionary and actually use it.

With the Lincoln book I am reading though a few words were not in there. The book was written back in Lincolns time so it is sometimes like reading the KJV of the bible for me. But still good.

They must have had a bad PW on display. I decided not to do that since you couldn't test the PW in the store, it isn't dark like at home in bed.
new is offline   Reply With Quote