View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 07:15 PM   #177
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by telharmonium View Post
I read here that Cloud Reader stores e-books as .db files, but I can't find them. Does anyone know where it's stored and whether they can be converted to formats like MOBI?

I recently bought David Byrne's How Music Works, which Amazon for some reason will not allow me to download onto my Kindle 4, but only onto my cloud reader account.

I'm using Firefox on a Win XP PC, and I'm disturbed that the book I bought is effectively a hidden file. Can anyone shed light on this?
Normally, you should be able to simply save the file within your Amazon account to PC. You can choose, which file to save. If you've got 2 Kindles for example, both have different serial numbers and so you can save 2 files. But you shouldn't need cloud reader or Kindle for PC. Simply save the file, intended for your Kindle 4, from your Amazon account to the PC and then copy it over.

There may be one problem though: Some books don't work on all Kindles. Comics for example often don't work on the Kindle readers, only on the Kindle tablets. You see this in the description of the book. This might be the explanation, why you can't download on your Kindle 4. Then of course you can't save to PC either.
But still you could save another file. Not the Kindle 4 one, but a tablet-specific one. This needs to be stripped from DRM (copy protection) then and converted to your destination.

Last edited by mgmueller; 12-02-2012 at 07:18 PM.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote