View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 01:01 PM   #298
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
And though this is off topic, the problem with linux is there are/were too many factions and no central coordination. The reason O/S's succeed is because they have one common implementation and there are no configuration/installation issues. This just simply isn't true of Linux. Red Hat probably came the closest to make it standard but ....
Another big issue was the lack of official drivers. I can't count the times I had to do manual surgery in the xorg.conf file to fix my broken display. Things have improved vastly, but it's not foolproof yet.