View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 06:15 AM   #11
JeremyR
Guru
JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Nook HD+
I dunno, I think it's more the Stephen King syndrome, as I call it. Basically, at a certain point in their career, authors just ignore what people want and do what they want, which is often meandering and meh. (George Lucas did the same with Star Wars).

Cook has been doing that for quite some time now with the Garrett series. Gotten almost like a soap opera.

With that said, Piers Anthony always puts in sex stuff in his novels. The Xanth series had less, but still some creepiness involved (like taking character names from one of de Sade's books, which is one of those books I wish I could erase from my memory)
JeremyR is offline   Reply With Quote