View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 04:16 AM   #7
Fluribus
Guru
Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post

Perhaps when an author becomes successful enough they don't have to listen to feedback from their editors. Perhaps the editors offer less. Why wouldn't an author listen to feedback? Are we suggesting that authors who have been supplying us with enjoyable reading for a short or long time are turning into egocentric psycopaths who now delight in selling us crap.

Sorry I just don't see it.

Helen
A big ego does not require psychopathy. It isn't hard to lose perspective.

"I'm the mega-super-hot-selling author. I'm the golden goose. Are people lining up by the millions to buy your books, Editorio? How dare you mess with my vision! How dare you cut up my baby!"

"I've written 37 books. I know what I'm doing. Leave me alone."

I doubt that they delight in selling crap. They probably assume that they are incapable of producing crap.
Fluribus is offline   Reply With Quote