View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 06:25 AM   #63
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx-lynx View Post
Kenny - would I be accurate in thinking that the authors have written what used to be called 'prose'? Essentially essays on topics/subjects.

And that in order to 'sell' or 'make attractive' the Prose genre they've re-labelled it 'The Short', or 'Creative Non-Fiction'.

Penny for your thoughts .....
Prose to me is an umbrella term meaning not much more that 'writing' but separating/excluding poetry. Creative non-fiction is a term that means non-fiction presented in a narrative manner e.g. not just reporting, but telling it as a story. Much non-fiction today is written in this manner. Essay is a bit of a looser term in that it allows in much personal interpretation. The two books I mention include all types of creative non-fiction including essays, memoirs, articles, and reporting.

The In Short book has specifically selected shorter works.

Hope that helps.

Last edited by kennyc; 11-29-2012 at 08:56 AM.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote