View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 11:15 PM   #23
MeSue
Geek in the Forest
MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, iPhone 4s, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyteflyer View Post
Hmmm. I don't have much overnight loss at all. Went to bed on 93% and woke up with it on 89%. There's some other issue with yours. I'd suggest heading for the nearest genius and getting them to have a look at it. (as an aside, I am also on prepaid, but my prepaid allows me to use the real credit to buy a data allowance as well, which I really only use for iMessage and Whatsapp)
If I close all my background app, I have almost no battery loss, so it is the combo of 6.0.1 and some of the apps I use, I guess. For now I am keeping a spare charger by the bed so I can leave it plugged all night, and then I usually find time to juice up for a bit mid-day.

yeah, I can use data with my prepaid plan, but it is expensive so I keep cellular turned off unless I absolutely need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holymadness View Post
I had the same problem after upgrading to 6.0.1: battery life between 3(!!) and 5 hours a day. I went to the Genius Bar and apparently this is known firmware bug.

Their solution was to have me restore the device without using a backup. <snip>

Battery life is now better, between 6 and 7 hours, but not nearly as good as it was when I first bought the phone (8-9 hours). Here's hoping for a permanent fix in 6.1.
Well, it's encouraging to hear that an Apple rep is acknowledging it as a known bug. I'd rather wait for a software fix than do a restore as new device... ugh.

BTW, my iPhone was bought used on eBay. Do you think a "genius" would even help me? My one and only experience with Apple's Genius Bar was a nightmare.

Is everyone ready for iTunes 11???? I just read it's expected tomorrow.

Last edited by MeSue; 11-28-2012 at 11:18 PM.
MeSue is offline   Reply With Quote