View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 12:52 PM   #4
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
When I first received my Kindle Paperwhite, I kept a session record in an Excel spreadsheet noting start and stop times and minutes spent reading with the PW.

After a full cycle I noticed I got 10 hours and 29 minutes down to the Recharge screen (large battery icon + wire icon + power icon).

Since then I've noticed I average 7 or 8 days to a recharge with the meter nearly empty. In my current cycle I'm at 13 days with the meter showing low but not yet at the Recharge screen.

This compares with 6 hours per the GSam Monitor down to the 10% level for the KFHD7-32 over 4 to 6 days and 30 to 38 days with the Kindle Keyboard WiFi. The KF1G only averaged about 5 hours and 15 minutes down to the 10% level.

I find the PW lasts longer and longer if one keeps using it down to the Recharge screen. Most folks charge when the meter shows about 40% and may get much shorter reading times due to that practice.

Exact battery measurements are only possible using the GSam Monitor on the Kindle Fire.

Last edited by sirmaru; 11-26-2012 at 01:00 PM.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote