View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 01:55 AM   #14700
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb72 View Post
My next read is an anthology by Robert Dunbar called Martyrs & Monsters. This author seems to be part of a sub-genre of horror called "literary horror" and I've been meaning to try me some. I love horror and I quite often like literary - so what could be better than joining the two?
I'm giving this one 3.5 stars.

He's a very good writer, but to me the stories lacked a bit of punch and closure. Instead of getting that "OH!" reaction as the story closes, I was left quite often with "oh".

Maybe my expectations were unreasonable.

But there were some stand-outs and with the almost ever-present darkness of the stories and the quality of the writing itself I don't want to give it a score that's too low.

My next book is a traditional fantasy and second book in a series that I started last year (yep - I'm that slow). The book is The Wayfarer King by K C May, second book in the Kinshield Saga. Again, this is one for my review site.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote