View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 11:11 AM   #132
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
There is no "my side of the deal". They offered me a device for some specific price, and I said "OK, I take it". Granted, they offered another device with very similar functionality for a higher price... but I opted for the cheaper one. And it is now MY device, and I can do whatever I want with it.
I'm sorry, but this argument is pure sophistry. You know as well as I do that the deal is a cheaper price in return for the ads. What you've done certainly isn't illegal but it is, to my mind, at the very least, unethical.

You're complaining that Amazon have locked down the Kindle, but it seems to me that you've brought this situation entirely upon yourself. If people didn't do things like 3G tethering, ad removal, etc, there would be no reason for lockdowns. As it stands, you have only yourself to blame.

Last edited by HarryT; 11-17-2012 at 11:34 AM.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote