View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 04:50 PM   #365
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sil_liS View Post
Actually this is what happens to people who think that it's a good idea to buy something at a fourth of the retail price in a parking lot.
QUOTE=PatNY;2300302]I agree with those who say such basic design shouldn't be patentable. It's ludicrous.

Meanwhile, this is what happens to "sheeple" ...

Wake up people! [/QUOTE]

In my younger days I saw many people (I worked in a bar) sell cheap jewellry, watches, clothing(seconds) that they had bought legitimately from a wholesaler and make a damn good living doing it. The sellers never said the goods were stolen although they may have implied that they were worth more by saying it was a good deal. Most people just assumed the goods were stolen and paid far more than the actual goods were worth.

I find it a tad hard to believe that even the most greedy would pay $200 for something without at least seeing the front. Or why the seller would go to the trouble of duct taping a broken mirror to the front.

And I must ask, why oh why, was the duct tape not visible from the back in the second photo. Even cutting it with an exacto knife it would have been visible and the seller was not using precision tools.

National inquirer stuff IMO although less believable

Helen