View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 11:04 PM   #79
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I don't understand. How could you possibly know if a book might be potentially valuable(?) enough to want to re-read someday before you read it?

Book ownership and re-reading aren't connected in my eyes. Why try to make them be? In the past, I've re-read books I never owned, and owned books I've never re-read. One has no direct correlation to the other.
Of course I don't KNOW, but I buy a book with the expectation that it will be a book I will like. And if I like it, I will want to keep it and probably reread it. Why else buy something except with the expectation that you will like it?

If I don't like the book, then I don't keep it.

Why shouldn't ownership and rereading be connected? Ownership means I can reread the book whenever it strikes my fancy to do so. I don't have to rely on the book being available elsewhere; I don't have to search for it or wait for it. If it goes out of print, I still have my copy.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote