View Single Post
Old 11-03-2012, 09:10 AM   #922
PF4Mobile
Guru
PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Touch, EEE 800 Note, Entourage PE, finally M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mono View Post
He did not mean to reassign it back. He wanted possibility of complete user assigment or option to switch between old and new.

--

I like it as it is now.

Solution might be like this. If the viewport is the size of page or bigger, then left/right turns page. If one sees only part of screen, then it moves view port.

If it is possible to detect long press of left/right then long press might turn page in any situation.

I am not sure about functionality up/down. Zoom is fine, but panning viewport would be also fine...

It seems to me, that once apropriate zoom is set it is not needed anymore and moving of viewport would be more handy. Solution might be to have possibility to switch the functionality, for example using zoom icon on toolbar. When pressed, up/down zooms, if off it moves viewport.

It is not easy to develop a good user interface....
how about a > and a < software button on the bottom bar?
The section of that bar that shows you where you are in the document (reading progress? ) is too big anyway.
To be honest with you that is useless, a current page number and the total number of pages will have the same effect. We already have a "go to page" via the joystick so that progress bar at the bottom of the screen is a waste of space in my opinion.
That should be entirely a "quick ribbon" bar as it is today in MS Office, where you can add whatever buttons you like. Having that sort of solution will cover once and for ever all the possible needs of any possible user
PF4Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote