View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 11:30 AM   #69
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawhill View Post
Oh dear, a bit to general and thus too complicated for our purposes, I guess.
Okay so call me bloody minded but I wanted to see what the script actually did.

essentially it ends up making this call

[root@kindle root]# /mnt/us/usr/bin/xinit /home/root/.xinitrc -- /mnt/us/usr/bin/Xvfb :1 -screen 0 1280x1024x24 -cc 4 -nolisten tcp -auth /tmp/.xas54195700.jHQkYI

Quote:
[dix] Could not init font path element /usr/share/fonts/X11/TTF/, removing from list!
[dix] Could not init font path element /usr/share/fonts/X11/OTF/, removing from list!
[dix] Could not init font path element /usr/share/fonts/X11/Type1/, removing from list!
/mnt/us/usr/bin/xinit: XFree86_VT property unexpectedly has 0 items instead of 1
/mnt/us/usr/bin/xinit: connection to X server lost

waiting for X server to shut down
so my patched version of the script did actually run to it's conclusion. Looks like xinit would need some love to make this work on the kindle.

Anyways, I've lost interest, it's nothing we can make ourselves in a basic script. no magic here. It gets the size. colours and preferred method of startup wrong... Err. no.

but - for those that really enjoy hurting their brains - like me...

[root@kindle root]# XAUTHLOCALHOSTNAME=localhost CREATE_DISPLAY_OUTPUT=/mnt/us/x11vncdebug.txt x11vnc -display WAIT:cmd=/mnt/us/x11display.txt

would be enough to get you debugging at least. (updated script with explicit calls to grep and friends attached.)
Attached Files
File Type: txt x11display.txt (27.5 KB, 381 views)

Last edited by twobob; 11-02-2012 at 12:01 PM.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote