View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 10:56 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by _pietro View Post
i just noticed

if i upload a pdf (calibre or windows explorer) than kobo doesn't show the publisher into the book info page... bug??!!
As far as I can tell, the device isn't reading the publisher from any sideloaded book. That is a deficiency of the device. I can't call it a bug as it is probably working as designed.
Quote:
if i use calibre to add a pdf from kobo's memory into the library few metadata fields go lost... publisher, date, shelf etc... bug?!?
Calibre reads metadata from the PDF file. If adding the PDF to calibre by other methods (add dialog, drag-and-drop) extracted that metadata, then it is a bug. If the other methods didn't, then it means either the information isn't in the PDF or calibre can't read it.

The Kobo shelves are a different matter. The Kobo driver does not update calibre with the shelves.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote