View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 01:42 PM   #11
EternalCyclist
EternalCyclist for a long time would go to bed early.EternalCyclist for a long time would go to bed early.EternalCyclist for a long time would go to bed early.EternalCyclist for a long time would go to bed early.EternalCyclist for a long time would go to bed early.EternalCyclist for a long time would go to bed early.EternalCyclist for a long time would go to bed early.EternalCyclist for a long time would go to bed early.EternalCyclist for a long time would go to bed early.EternalCyclist for a long time would go to bed early.EternalCyclist for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
When could you ever resize a mounted FAT partition?
You're right, but your advice came to late. When I moved and resized mmcblk0p4 I unmounted it on the Kindle as described in the first post.

Now, when I tried to correct the wrong size of mmcblk0p4p1 FROM HOST PC, I unmonted it ON HOST PC. How silly!
After
Code:
mkfs.vfat /dev/sdc1; mount -t vfat /dev/sdc1 /mnt/kindle;
I copied my data back to the Kindle. Everything seemed to work. After rebooting from diags to main PC mounted Kindle disk without complaints. BUT /mt/kindle was in factory preset state.

Of course, as knc1 said, I should have unmounted /mnt/us and /mnt/base-us ON KINDLE before fdisking.

Copying data again to kindle. Reboot. Data still there. Maybe I should do an integrity check ...

But there's more to do:
Now I will move mmcpblkp03 up to have free space to resize mmcblkp02.
EternalCyclist is offline   Reply With Quote