View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 12:25 PM   #102
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by techiegirl View Post
I bought the wifi model from Best Buy when it was available last week. I'm not happy with it (far from it) but after 3 versions (3G) from Amazon, I decided not to ask for another replacement. I returned all 3 and repurchased one. The expected delivery is sometime mid-December. I figure they would fix it by then. Now I'm not sure if they'll fix it at all.

I'm very tempted to return my wifi and get the iPad mini instead.
If I didn't already have an iPad3 that is the route I would have gone too! Instead I chose the Fire HD 7". It is really good for reading, but I hate the apps. As an example, I assist several organizations including two local EOCs (Emergency Operation Centers) and the local NWS office as an amateur radio operator and storm spotter. I took the opportunity to do practice-training during Sandy, even though I'm far away from the impact areas. I tried every way I could to make my Fire HD useful to storm tracking, but it was nearly totally useless due to the lack of any good apps. The iPad3 on the other hand became a very useful and indispensable tool to supplement my computers and radios.