View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 11:48 PM   #9
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunrun View Post
Tomorrow I should hopefully recieve my Paperwhite, and I am wondering if there is anything I can do to ensure that my library carries over, for example keeping my progress in my books, and my catagories. Most of my books aren't from the Kindle store so as far as I know whispersync won't work with them.
If I drop my documents folder from my current kindle into my new one will that work?
Is there anything I can do to my books in Calibre that make them more compatible or anything like that? All my books are currently converted using the Kindle setting, but I notice there is a Kindle Paperwhite setting now. Should I use that? Will that make all my books have covers in the new OS?
The more I read about this the more confused I get too. Since you are talking about Calibre and the setting for Kindle Paperwhite it raises questions for me too. I will be in the same boat whenever my PW gets here.

If you are talking about plugging in your PW USB to the computer isn't that the easier method for large library? Unless you have all of them in the Amazon account from when you (if you did) emailed them before.

I don't keep them on the Amazon account anymore. It gets to confusing. I like being able to see your device having checkmarks by them if you have them loaded, and no checkmarks if you have not transferred the book from your Calibre library.
new is offline   Reply With Quote