View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 05:26 PM   #4
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunrun View Post
Tomorrow I should hopefully recieve my Paperwhite, and I am wondering if there is anything I can do to ensure that my library carries over, for example keeping my progress in my books, and my catagories. Most of my books aren't from the Kindle store so as far as I know whispersync won't work with them.
If I drop my documents folder from my current kindle into my new one will that work?
Is there anything I can do to my books in Calibre that make them more compatible or anything like that? All my books are currently converted using the Kindle setting, but I notice there is a Kindle Paperwhite setting now. Should I use that? Will that make all my books have covers in the new OS?
Is it a Windows or Apple? I read at Calibre website the new Kindles are not compatible with "collections". That is Windows XP and Mac OSX.

Last edited by new; 10-24-2012 at 05:28 PM.
new is offline   Reply With Quote