View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 02:31 AM   #100
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabberwock_11 View Post
If you look at the OP's previous posts it seems like he is one of the few folks in this forum who honestly does not see why people prefer ebooks over pbooks. That combined with the content of his other threads seems to add credence to the idea that the OP is gathering information rather than sincerely engaging the folks on this forum in dialogue.
I tend to think that info-gathering is sincere dialogue. Authors are welcome to come to MR and join threads about what-readers-like in order to better market their books, as long as they abide by the rules of the forums--be polite, don't spam the membership, don't expect to be worshiped because you've been picked up by a major publisher.

I'm not sure why someone who doesn't want or like ebooks would want to do their research on forums devoted to them... if he hates how we read, why how can we be his target customers? A tolerant author might think, "it doesn't matter *how* they read, just *what,* and these people might like my book"... but such an author wouldn't be likely to say "you're doing reading WRONG; how can you stand to read like that; don't you know how much you're missing?"

I suppose he might really just be clueless enough to think that if someone points out how wonderful paper books are, we'll give up our heathen hobbies and return to the True Path. I'm kinda baffled that anyone thinks that e-reader devotees were not first long-time devotees of paper books--are there really any ebook fans who were oblivious to the joys of reading before the Kindle explosion? (Okay, my younger daughter, maybe. But she doesn't hang out here.)
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote