View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 09:33 PM   #33
SteveEisenberg
Grand Sorcerer
SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Kids Edition, Fire HD 10 (11th generation)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post
How would they know it's an out-of-state card?
I suppose that, in theory, they could ask for ID, or they could do a computer check to see if you had any outstanding Brooklyn fines, at which time your New Jersey address might show.

Someone like you or me, from fairly nearby out of state, could try it. However, I have no plans to be in New York until late January.

Quote:
I was wondering how they "link" the cards. Is it automatic or only in person?
Definitely not automatic. Here's what the New York Public Library web site says:

Brooklyn and Queens residents are still welcome to apply for a New York Public Library card.

Additionally, as a courtesy to other New York City library users, Brooklyn Public Library and Queens Library cardholders may use their existing card, once it is linked to The New York Public Library. Visit any NYPL location in person to link your card.
SteveEisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote