View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 04:34 PM   #51
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by murg View Post
Yeah!
  1. Power off
  2. paperclip
  3. hold home while quickly sliding and releasing the power switch
  4. KEEP THE HOME button depressed.
  5. 2 RED Blinks, then a rapidly flashing white. And the screen went to 'Restoring'.
  6. then release the Home button
Quote:
Originally Posted by murg View Post
And after a minute or two, a Read On screen.

Which was frozen, as in accepting no taps or home button.

Slide power switch quickly (putting into sleep mode).

Powered up, Dancing Squares for a short time, then Set Language.

And I'm back to v1.9.11!

Murg, I currently have the same problem. I took the same steps you did (what a weird and useless "read on" screen... tsk), but after a quick slide of the on/off slider, it's square dancing... do you remember how long yours took to go to setting the language?

Update: nevermind. I waited 14 and then 27 minutes for the square dancing... seventh or eighth reset did it. Two cycles of square dancing and set language appeared. So, fixed.

Update 2: Correction, not fixed at all. Still continuing the resetting fun.

Last edited by Mrs_Often; 10-10-2012 at 05:53 PM.
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote