View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 01:40 PM   #64
QuantumIguana
Philosopher
QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2 gen, Kindle Fire 1st Gen, Kindle Touch
I grew up in a small town, the nearest bookstore was a B. Dalton's 60 miles away. An e-reader is ideal in such a situation. Of course, we didn't have e-readers back then. But there are advantages to the way books are arranged in a store. When I search for books on my Kindle, I get a lot of results that have nothing to do with what I really wanted. In a bookstore, it's much easier to search by type of book, I can stand in the science fiction section, and I'm surrounded by science fiction books.

I don't usually just look at random, I have certain authors that I will consider, and I value recommendations from people I know well enough to know their tastes. If someone wants to search the shelves at the bookstore, but buy them on an e-reader, the Nook might make sense.

It's all personal preference. Some people really hate getting in their car and going shopping. I like getting out of the house.
QuantumIguana is offline   Reply With Quote