View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 07:54 AM   #19
rkw
Old & Busted Hotness
rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0,Asus TF700T, K1-2-3-Fire
just use a regular drill. Select a bit just slightly larger than the male pin on the headphones (maybe a 4mm bit?) and have at it. You don't need a Dremel. You could use any sort of drill from electric down to a cheap manual brace-and-bit style drill.

Or if you have a cordless screwdriver then grab a cheap set of bits made for use in any "quick switch" drill/driver. Make sure if you but a set over a single bit the set contains the size you need, cost $4-$10-maybe, and use the cordless screwdriver to enlarge the hole to the correct size.

You already spent a fortune on the device and cover what is another $10 to make it work? Yes I agree it should not need modification but one can ether hold your breath until Amazon sends someone to your house to fix it or just make it work yourself in a few moments. Amazon just is not as nice as even just a few years ago. I'm finding more and more of these sort of small frustrations we never saw way back when. Still love 'em for allowing me to shop nekkid when I can't sleep though.

Last edited by rkw; 10-08-2012 at 08:00 AM.
rkw is offline   Reply With Quote