View Single Post
Old 07-31-2008, 05:35 AM   #1
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
NAEB closing doors / stops selling Cybook devices

Visit the NAEB store and you'll notice a sign saying that it has been closed. Via TeleRead we found the following explanation, directly from Derek Benner over at Baen's Bar:

Quote:
Nothing like negotiations is going on. We're closed. (I guess we couldn't keep it quiet much longer.) The last units of this shipment have shipped and we're going out of business. We didn't get *NEAR* the price break we would have needed to stay in business. *I* would like to stay open and order Jinke V3 or Netronix EB-600 units, but the consensus is 'no'. Of course, if you, the customers want us to stay open and sell the other devices, you should let us know - because we'd have to work something up. (And yes, having invested so much of my desire and energy into this, I'm perfectly willing to keep going even if the others aren't.)

But at this time, we're going through the process of shutting down.

Derek
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote