View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 04:14 AM   #5
bhaak
Groupie
bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Palm IIIx, (iPhone|Kindle) Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Yeah, I can still boot to diags, and I already tried to find some logs, but there's nothing

A log of some sort would indeed be very helpful, but it seems like it freezes before it even opens a log file...
That's not surprising. /var/local/log gets populated periodically by tinyrot or when you shutdown/reboot your Kindle.

The rest of /var is just a tmpfs filesystem that only lives in memory. That's why it's clean after a reboot.

I think if you get the bootup splash, you are already far enough into the boot process that syslog got started so you should find some stuff in /var/log. But only if you don't reboot

Try changing all references to /var/log/ in /etc/syslog-ng/syslog-ng.conf to a directory in /var/local/.
bhaak is offline   Reply With Quote