View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 02:52 AM   #119
Yapyap
Guru
Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad 3, Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
I really don't care for or want either love scenes or sex scenes in my reading. I stay well away from romance as a genre, and find romance in other genres badly done and uninteresting 99% of time - and with a romance I find badly done and uninteresting, with a male partner I don't find hot in any way, the sex scenes become repulsive. Plus, well, incredibly tedious - there are only so many ways to describe tab A going into slot B in detail.

My problem isn't so much with the concept of romance but the way it's done in the majority of published books, which just doesn't work for me - in general, I find the relationships developing too fast (without me seeing why the protagonist suddenly finds herself lusting for that guy) and the descriptions of the male love interests physically off-putting for me.

I can skip a sex scene or two in a book, but if there are more of them or if the books become too romance-focused (without a love interest I actually find interesting or appealing or attractive), I likely won't be reading more of that series/author in the future.
Yapyap is offline   Reply With Quote