View Single Post
Old 09-22-2012, 01:26 PM   #183
godblessfq
godblessfq knows the square root of minus one.godblessfq knows the square root of minus one.godblessfq knows the square root of minus one.godblessfq knows the square root of minus one.godblessfq knows the square root of minus one.godblessfq knows the square root of minus one.godblessfq knows the square root of minus one.godblessfq knows the square root of minus one.godblessfq knows the square root of minus one.godblessfq knows the square root of minus one.godblessfq knows the square root of minus one.

Device: kindle dxg
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawhill View Post
Hints:

It works with a rotated screen. However, the screen must be rotated when the app starts up, not afterwards.

Personally, I use this with USB networking configured to autostart. That way, I can just plug in the Kindle, press "Shift V U" and get going.

Windows users check out kranu's "eMonitor" thread. The software does a similar things and kranu mentions ways how to set up a virtual second display for Windows. I'm not to sure how to run vnc on one display out of many, though. I recommend to start with cloning your existing desktop. You'll probably want your kindle in landscape mode for that, so do the rotation before starting kindlevncviewer.
I tried the portrait mode. But it does not use the full kindle screen. I have a
virtual monitor with 1200X824 resolution using zonescreen, and set it in portrait mode, the connect to it via tightvnc, turns out there is a big blank area down the screen. It would be great if you could fix this. Thank you!
godblessfq is offline   Reply With Quote