View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 11:02 PM   #51
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
I just read past this part and the dance. I find Mrs. Norris to be the most irritating character so far. I have the same impression that she overly compensates for her inferior social rank and thus her bullying of Fanny and her replacement of her sister in certain tasks (like assisting the nieces in their coming out and making good marriage matches) helps to make her feel superior (rather than being a completely unselfish, benevolent act of kindness).

I am enjoying this book. Maybe I should explore more of Jane Austen's books. I certainly like it better than Pride and Prejudice but less than Persuasion.
Then by all means try Emma, which belongs to Austen's "mature" period along with MP and Persuasion.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote