View Single Post
Old 09-16-2012, 07:46 PM   #15
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by proximus View Post
4) I haven't the lightest idea of what you just said. If it might help, I also have XEmacs as text editor. Maybe I should use it instead of Notepad?
Yes.
It should be possible to select the file line endings (which may not matter to xml, but its a good practice to use the file's target system line endings (Linux/Unix) in this case).
That editor will probably auto-detect the line endings used in the file and may offer to convert them for you.

That editor will most probably protect you from the system setting a filename of something.xml.txt when you meant something.xml

I have not used the M$-Windows version of XEmacs myself, but know of it on other systems.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote