View Single Post
Old 09-05-2012, 02:00 PM   #193
Sil_liS
Wizard
Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 903 & 360+
Quote:
Originally Posted by murraypaul View Post
I understood their point to be that Samsung's designs and behaviour were the same before the iPhone release and after it. I would have thought evidence from someone high up in their mobile division that the iPhone caused a crisis of design would disprove that.
The article quoted by ScotiaBurrell was saying that Samsung's made a wide range of models because they tried to make their own iPhone, and "it pounced". I pointed out that Samsung made had a wide range of models before the iPhone, so the article is fiction.

The memo that you quoted is suggesting the opposite reaction to the iPhone than that from the article quoted by ScotiaBurrell, which is that someone high up in their mobile division deciding to limit the range. I would also like to point out that since the memo is from 2010, it doesn't really show a reaction to the iPhone (which came out 3 years prior) but to the changes in the market.