Thread: The Dark Tower
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2012, 09:40 AM   #5
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
One of the best mood/motif setting opening lines of all time.
Quote:
"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed"
It always surprises me to hear how so many people consider The Gunslinger one of the weaker installments in the series. I loved it. I'm not going to lie and say I loved every bit of the entire series—or that all seven books (and every single word) were absolutely necessary, but it was still a very memorable reading experience for me, over all.

Spoiler:
I even loved the ending that many people seem to love to gnash their teeth over.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote