View Single Post
Old 08-24-2012, 01:31 AM   #98
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
I nominate Fire in the Belly: The Life and Times of David Wocjnarowitz, by Cynthia Carr.

Amazon

Barnes & Noble

Sony Reader Store

Kobo Books (through an external search by Google)

Carr is an excellent reporter on the lives of artists -- as close to the facts in presentation as she is passionate about the subject -- and Wocjnarowicz, despite the tragedies of his life and childhood, represents an era of possibilities which no longer exist for urban American artists.

To read Carr is to be drawn into the story rather than conscious of the style.

Many of the professional and reader reviews have been laudatory so far.

I'd also like to support the nomination of Mythologies, by Roland Barthes, though I believe you have all the seconds and thirds you need.

Last edited by Prestidigitweeze; 08-24-2012 at 01:55 AM.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote