View Single Post
Old 08-09-2012, 07:48 PM   #35
MikeOxlittle
Say my name very fast ...
MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOxlittle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
This is a pretty interesting situation.

The facts I gathered is that while the site was legal concerning KDP authors who signed up for the 70% plan through KDP, the site culled ALL books from Amazon through an API.

Only problem with that is that some of the books are in Select or the 35% plan and they can opt out of lending, so by culling ALL books, some books that are not set up for lending were listed.

Seems like a lot of the authors are uninformed of not only the lending program but how it works. I think a lot of them thought that their books could be lent an unlimited amount of times, when books lent can only go out once in its lifetime.

In that light, I can see how some of the authors flipped out and they started the witch hunt. Doesn't forgive them for not knowing the agreement they signed, but I sort of see where they are coming from ... well some of them at least.
MikeOxlittle is offline   Reply With Quote