View Single Post
Old 08-09-2012, 02:47 PM   #25
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeebra View Post
I've yet to see the iRiver HD in person so I can't say how much better a higher resolution screen would be for a Kindle. It seems crisp enough as is to me, maybe I don't know what i'm missing?
Same here, which is why I asked the question about what difference it would make.

Though I guess it might be like HD TV, standard definition looks just fine, then you watch something in HD and can see a difference... I'm just not convinced that it'll matter much for an e-ink ereader. Possibly (for me at least) a bit like the lack of KF8 support for the Kindle 3, a bit of a non-event really.

Regards the contrast, will HD perhaps make the text a deeper black, therefore appear to improve the contrast?
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote