Thread: JBPatch
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2012, 02:12 PM   #483
diba
Addict
diba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolate

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4, Kindle PW, Nexus7 3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
I repeat: I don't own a K4, so I have no idea

The first thing would be to port the JBPatch core to the K4.

Then you could decompile the Home Booklet and check whether it looks anything like the one of the K5 (in particular, if you find the strings "LIST_VIEW_MODE" and/or "COVER_VIEW_MODE") in there, it's probably possible. But it still wouldn't be a piece of cake, because you'd have to do all the reverse engineering work again (well, if you're lucky, you might be able to benefit from some of the stuff I did for the K5).

Remembering from back when I got a K4 image for testing, the K5 and K4 jars are radically different (probably an entirely different code base), so the chances to actually find substantial (code) similarities between these framework is minimal.
I know, you don't have a K4. Was just taking the chance asking. There is always a possibility, that things work ...., so most likely the K4 stays as it is.
diba is offline   Reply With Quote