Thread: PRS-T1 Modified Sony home screen
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2012, 06:54 PM   #356
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pssquirrel View Post
Thanks, as always, jackie_w for being so very helpful!

Curious - did you end up deleting the sections you weren't using, and if so, did it have any ill effects?
Yes, I deleted all the size sections except <fontSizeTableEpub>, just in case I edited one of the other sections by mistake. I never read TXT files on the reader but I thought changing the PDF section may have unwanted consequences for the following reason.

I'm quite happy to be told I'm wrong but I think font-size 2 in the PDF section, which has a value of 170, may be a "special" value (i.e. hard-coded into the app) which determines whether a PDF displays in "normal" or "reflow" mode. I think the 170 refers to "normal", which may mean that if you remove it you'll always get "reflow" and things like images and special formating may disappear, whichever font-size you choose on the reader.