View Single Post
Old 06-28-2012, 07:46 PM   #56
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Marseilles View Post
There's certainly no better deal for $200.
I have to agree, although there may be other noteworthy small tablets in that price range coming soon.

Quote:
I think acer has a tegra 3 7" out for that, but the resolution and screen quality don't compare, especially for a reader.
That would be the 7" Acer A110, which was announced earlier this month. It's scheduled for release late this year and has ICS, Tegra3 (quad core), microSD, microUSB, and HDMI. The price will be at (or under) $200.

My 7" Acer A100 has a problem at one viewing angle. It's not a big deal for me; I just flip it around the other way when I'm viewing it from the wrong angle. The Nexus 7's screen does have nice specs, and I assume it is superior to the A110 (Nexus 7 has a 1280x800 IPS display versus A110's 1024×600). That said, my A100 has the same screen resolution as the upcoming A110, and I don't have a problem reading on it. I also read on my larger A500 tablet. I do, however, prefer reading on an eink Kindle over any backlit device.
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote