View Single Post
Old 06-12-2012, 08:17 PM   #1
Shykat
Groupie
Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, iPad Mini, my PC and Galaxy Tab A :)
Apabi Ebook reader

Hi!

This ebook reading program was recommended to me as another to try as I am searching for the reading program that I want to use the most. I thought I would start this topic to see if anyone else is using it so we can all share information.

It appears to be fairly new on the scene and the manual appears to be in Chinese.

It has some features that I like.... pinch to change the size of the screen font, sort by date added, the ability to turn the page forward by tapping on the left side of the screen. That's handy for me as I hold my iPhone in my left hand and it makes it easy to page forward using my left thumb.

So far, one addition I wish they would do is add page numbers. Right now, it shows you that you are 5.5% into the book. I would prefer pages like it something like 25/230

I also would like the ability to have the iPhone's status bar at the top that shows time and battery.

Another feature would be to tap the top of the page and have the Book Blurb show up. I think this is in the Meta Data of an ebook file though I'm not totally sure.

An interesting feature is the way you use your wifi to load ebooks into the program. You use the browser on your computer and type in the web server listed in the program. Then you use the browse button on the screen to get to the book(s) you want to load and then you click Upload and it appears.

I'm not sure if you can load books from whatever cloud service you use onto the phone as I have not even tried that on any of the other ebook readers I have. (How does that work, anyway?)
Shykat is offline   Reply With Quote