View Single Post
Old 05-27-2012, 10:52 AM   #10
Teknikal
Fanatic
Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T1, Note Pro 12.2, Honor 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analogus View Post
I've had lots of troubles last year when I was on hollidays and tried to use 2 solar-chargers, a crank-charger and a battery-pack-charger for my PRS 350. I used the original Sony-USB-cable and mentioned chargers. No chance.

That was nearly a desaster because I have been on an very small uninhabitated island in the middle of nowhere. Of course without electricity. After less then one week the reader run out of power and no charger was working. Swinging in a hammock between palmtrees reading an ebook was a central part of the plan.

Reason as I found out in the end back home have been the not short connected data-lines. So no - not every charger with micro-USB-connector will work out of the box. Wall-chargers in my experience have a great chance to work.
I don't know how else to put it but if you want to be able to charge from any USB outlet you need a charging only cable.

I use the above to charge my iPod, my Samsung S Advance, and my T1 and I've used the same cable in my apple plug to charge the T1 trying that with the Sony cable just doesn't work. So it seems to me that the data lines are the problem but the lack of them the fix-all solution.

I've also never got a wall charger to work with my T1 using the Sony cable I've tried a few with no success, yet they all do work with the little retractable charging cable using that I can charge from my Computer, from Cig Sockets in cars, the battery pack and every USB plug I have including one Apple one.
Teknikal is offline   Reply With Quote