Thread: JBPatch
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2012, 02:40 PM   #83
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by cscat View Post
EDIT 5: So turned out it wasn't ixtab's jbpatch problem (well as far as I can see for now), but it was my fault. I'll explain in case in helps someone in future: I had previous kpatch (I never install any *.bin, as I prefer to install things manually) in /opt/amazon/ebook/bin/init.xargs like this:
-istart kpatcher.jar
instead of
-istart jbpatcher.jar
Yes, having a wrong entry in that file is a sure way to brick your device. You just learned that the hard way

BTW, if you HAD used the installer, the installer would have simply failed WITHOUT bricking the device. Then you could have asked why, and I would have told you

Quote:
Originally Posted by cscat View Post
I SUSPECT there is an issue with the noad patch.
Huh? Why would there be one? Please elaborate on this. The patch works exactly as described.

Last edited by ixtab; 05-20-2012 at 05:47 AM.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote