View Single Post
Old 04-28-2012, 12:52 PM   #7
darryl
Wizard
darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Oasis, Huwei Ascend Mate 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitford13 View Post
Oh please - first of all Amazon is not withholding books from you on some corporate whim. If they can't sell it legally, they can't sell it. That's life.
And since when is frustration induced by digital non-availability of a commodity a license to steal?
Heather's post makes it abundantly clear that Amazon can sell it to her legally. Her complaint was that she erroneously thought Amazon would not sell to her unless she owned a Kindle. Harry, in a constructive post, pointed out that she was not correct and advised her what she should do to solve her problem.

It appears to me that Heather's comment about pirate sites meant no more than it said (ie; that she could understand why people resort to piracy). I can understand in some cases why people commit murders or beatings or other crimes. That does not mean that I approve or condone them. In fact, very much the opposite. It means simply that I understand that we are all human and do not always do the right thing. Understanding why is the first step towards improving things in the future. Robin Hood was still a thief, whatever he chose to do with his ill-gotten gains. Come to think of it, not a bad analogy to book pirates when you look at the reprehensible and plain stupid conduct of the industry.
darryl is offline   Reply With Quote