View Single Post
Old 04-28-2012, 11:40 AM   #6
mitford13
Guru
mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air2, Fire HD10, Paperwhite, Kobo App
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherM View Post
Hi, I tried to download a book from amazon.co.uk and was going to following your advice to use Apprentice Alf + Calibre to convert but must be doing something weird, because although I was able to download the kindle desk top icon for PC and could read the free book that accompanied that process, I was blocked on the sales site from buying a book because I could not register a kindle device. Am I doing something daft - I recall reading in the amazon site that you don't have to have a kindle to read their ebooks on your PC but their registration process seems to negate this... I can see why people simply resort to pirate sites out of sheer frustration! Perhaps if I waved my cash at Amazon they'd be more flexible about selling to people who are willing to pay.

Oh please - first of all Amazon is not withholding books from you on some corporate whim. If they can't sell it legally, they can't sell it. That's life.
And since when is frustration induced by digital non-availability of a commodity a license to steal?
mitford13 is offline   Reply With Quote