View Single Post
Old 04-21-2012, 02:09 AM   #27
VaporPunk
Evangelist
VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 + Asus Transformer
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
There are much more reasons than sd cards and openness. There is a better selection of hardware, such as the transformer, the tab, KFire, etc. It's just not a one size fits all in one the android world. I can see folks picking an iPad3 over an Android tablet but an iPad2 I don't think so.

I think your last statement is more perception than fact. There are plenty of tablet optimized apps, though I do agree the more the better. Most of the apps I use daily are tablet optimized, What kind of app are you looking for?

My opinion is that the limitation is more that tablets are not optimized for human interaction. The result is it a difficult to be productive on any tablet.

Some gesture sensors and predictive keyboards closings the gap but they are still far behind the computer.
I've dled more than 1/2 a dozen apps that looked so poor on my Tran I couldn't use them. Even though the market said it was compatible with it, which we all know (now) is an utterly useless indicator of how it will look on the actual screen + usability.

The PGA tour app is one that I still use that is not optimized for tablets, but good enough for checking out the leader board. The course maps are a pixelated mess, however.

Google Play does need improvements. It shouldn't just list what apps are compatible with your device but also what screen size(s) an app is optimized for. Then again, I rarely check it anymore (99% of what I use the tablet for is already on it) and things can only get better with ICS + JB down the road.
VaporPunk is offline   Reply With Quote