View Single Post
Old 04-08-2012, 08:24 AM   #1
slex
Addict
slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT, Onyx Boox M92
Battery leaks? What to do? (Onyx M92)

I charged my battery on Thursday. Today, Sunday, it is completely exhausted and I have to recharge it again. I have used it for approximately for half an hour per day in this period only for reading and browsing, no TTS or mp3.

I don't know if it is a software or hardware problem and what is the reason for this. The strange thing is that my battery had been OK before Thrusday. I got my M92 some 20 days ago and for 2 weeks use I hadn't noticed problems with the battery. Then, on Thursday I had a problem with the stylus and the touchscreen - the screen became unresponsive to the stylus. I rebooted and the problem was gone - the stylus was working again, but the battery was almost exhausted and I had to charge it.

But after I charged it, it lasted only for several days, provided that I didn't use the device extensively. I don't know if the stylus problem is related, but it could be, that is why I am writing about it. E-ink does not use much energy, but the technology related to the touchscreen probably could. Then it may not even be the battery, if somehow the touchscreen is using more energy.

I am charging the battery again now, to see how it will perform. Maybe I will try a firmware upgrade, but I am inclined to think that it is a hardware problem. The question is - is it the battery, or the device uses more energy than it is supposed to do?
slex is offline   Reply With Quote